Welcome to Get Eat!

Since this is my first blog, I just wanted to briefly introduce myself and tell you about what to expect on my blog.

I am an Accountant in Atlanta.  I was raised (and still live) in Temple, GA.  As long as I can remember, I can recall watching my parents and my grandmother cook.  I have always enjoyed cooking and tasting new things.  As a kid, my siblings and I used to do "taste testing" as a game.  We'd tie a bandanna over our eyes and taste various things out of our fridge/cabinets to see if we could guess what it was.  By the time I was 10 years old, I was cooking dinner for our family of 10 (parents + 8 kids).  My brother, Micah, and I would try all types of different recipes using whatever ingredients we had in our fridge/cabinets.  We made numerous attempts at donuts since it wasn't something we ever had in our house :).

At 15, I started making homemade biscuits using the basic recipe on the side of the self-rising flour bag. Needless to say, at 38, my recipe is entirely different now and people pay me to bake biscuits for them at least twice a month.  Today, my kids argue about which one of them I will live with so I can keep cooking for them.  So far, the best offer is to live with my youngest (when he grows up) for free, cook meals for him and he will also pay me, LOL.  

Honestly, I get bored easily and have a new hobby every few months.  Rarely any of them are ever finished. However, cooking and softball are the 2 hobbies that I never tire of.  On my blog, I want to share my favorite recipes and cooking tips.  If  you want to know about softball, I guess I can comment on that too, LOL, but I'm not a pro softball player.

I hope you enjoy my blog and please feel free to suggest topics and/or ask questions.  If you like my blogs, please share my site with your friends and family.

Kristy Haffner Applegate

Comments