Andes Candies Quick Chocolate Cookies

I lived with my grandparents in Pennsylvania when I was 6 yrs old to attend first grade.  Andes Candies bring me back to those times, just like swirl ice cream cones, since they are the only candy I can recall my grandmother ever giving me outside of Halloween.  Funny thing is I don't particularly care for peppermint but I love Andes Candies.

When I found this recipe on Pinterest last winter, I HAD to try them.  I must say they were incredibly soft and irresistible!  We ate them before they had time to get cool.  The extra bonus is how simple and quick they are to make.  A nice treat for your family or to give your coworkers and friends as gifts.

INGREDIENTS

1 box
 Devil's Food cake mix
whole egg
1/3 
cup vegetable oil
12 Andes candies mints

DIRECTIONS

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix cake mix, oil, and egg until incorporated.
  • Roll cake mix into 1 1/2" size balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
  • Bake for 8-9 minutes. Do not overbake.
  • When the cookies are out of the oven slightly press half of an Andes mint on top of each cookie.
  • Either let the mint sit for about a minute or place the cookies back in the oven for about 10 seconds to melt the mint.
  • Eat warm or cooled.  Delicious either way.

Comments