Easy Chicken Corn Chowder



I've made this recipe on a couple of occasions when I started experimenting with Chicken Corn Chowder.  I was trying to find delicious, filling recipes that were low calorie and this is one of the many I found.  I actually found this recipe in the 5-ingredient Favorites cookbook.  Now, my chicken corn chowder recipe is much more complex than this one but I chose to share this particular recipe for those of you who want simple, inexpensive meals.  Either way, you and your family will love it and it will fit in your budget.

If you prepare this chowder with boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, I calculated each 1 cup serving is approximately 213 calories.

Makes 6 servings.   I suggest preparing this in a crockpot on low for 4 hours.  You may use a pot on low heat but stir often to keep from burning.

INGREDIENTS

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, but into bite-size pieces
2 10 3/4 ounce cans condensed cream of potato or cream of chicken soup (or one of each)
1 11 ounce can whole kernel corn, mexi-style
1 1/2 C sliced celery
1 whole carrot, sliced
1 C water
1 C half-and-half or light cream

DIRECTIONS

In a 4 quart minimum crock pot combine chicken, soup, undrained corn, celery, carrots and water.  Cover and cook for on low setting for 4 hours or on high heat for 2 hours.  Once time is up, stir in half-and-half. Serve hot.

TIPS:
  • Add a cup of diced potatoes and/or frozen corn
  • Add a can of creamed corn
  • Add a chopped poblano pepper (deseeded)

Comments