Hobo Breakfast

I made this for my sons and their friends this morning.  It's a very simple breakfast that I tried and loved at my favorite diner in Marietta.  My plate was a little different this morning because I added mushrooms and spinach to mine and it didn't have meat.  I should have taken a picture of one of their plates but I forgot; mine didn't look as appealing but it tasted good!

Makes 1 BIG breakfast

INGREDIENTS

2 scrambled eggs (uncooked)
1 small potato, cut up into small cubes
1 slice American cheese or Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup prepared white gravy
3 slices cooked bacon or 2 sausage patties, crumbled (optional)

DIRECTIONS

Heat a medium frying pan with about a tablespoon of olive oil or margarine on medium heat.  Once it's hot, add the potatoes and cover.  Stir every couple of minutes until soft and golden brown (about 10 minutes, test with a fork).  Keeping the potatoes in the pan, stir in the eggs and meat.  Stir often until the eggs are done. Place on a plate, top with cheese then top with gravy.  Eat it while it's hot!  You probably won't need lunch after this big meal.

Comments