Cuban Mojo Chicken

I found this recipe in one of my BBQ cookbooks (Southern Living - Big Book of BBQ).  I was really excited because I love Cuban food.  I tried it tonight and it turned out fabulous!!  I paired it with rice, black beans and freshly, sliced cucumber.  The recipe was simple and very healthy.

The picture isn't beautiful because we pretty much wiped it all out; this was the last piece.

















Serves 4.  Cook & prep time: 45 minutes

INGREDIENTS

1/4 C orange juice
1/4 C fresh lime juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
4 (5oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts

DIRECTIONS


  1. Stir together first 7 ingredients in a shallow bowl or zip top, gallon size plastic bag; add chicken.  Cover or seal, and let stand 20 minutes.  Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
  2. Preheat grill to 300-350* (medium) heat.  Grill, covered, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer registers 165*.  Remove from grill and let stand 5 minutes.
  3. Bring reserved marinade to a boil over medium-high heat.  Boil 2 minutes, stirring often.  Serve chicken with warm marinade. 



Comments