Pecan Pie - a southern Thanksgiving must

I've really been slacking on my blog.  In the last couple of years, I got married, moved to Marietta and got a new job.  I'm sorry I haven't been faithful to my readers for so long.  As you can tell, I've been busy and preoccupied with all going on in my life...for the better of course.  :)

Today I'm preparing for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.  I've got 2 pumpkin pies in the oven and a pecan pie ready to go in.

This Pecan Pie recipe is one I found on allrecipes.com and have made it more than several times.  It's full of pecans...2 1/2 cups to be exact!  It's one of my favorite pies, but I only make it for Thanksgiving (because I will eat it if I made it more often).

Ingredients:

1 prepared, deep dish pie crust
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 C light corn syrup
2 T dark corn syrup
3/4 C light brown sugar
3 T butter, melted
1 pinch salt
1/2 C pecans, finely chopped
1 C pecans, quartered
1 C pecans, halved

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C)
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, light and dark corn syrups, brown sugar, butter, salt and finely chopped pecans.  
  3. In pie crust, spread quartered pecans over bottom.  Pour syrup mixture over top of pecans, then arrange pecan halves on top of pie.
  4. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for one hour or until firm; let cool for at least one hour before serving.
  5. Store leftovers in the refrigerator (if any there are any).
Photo before I put it in the oven:

Comments