Taco Hot Pot (quick and easy)

Taco Hot Pot
I’ve seen a couple of Facebook videos of a taco casserole that looked so good.  So on my way home from work today, I thought of my own version (since I didn’t save that viedo).  Needless to say, it turned out great!!  Even my husband liked my “experiment”.  It is simple and easy to make.

INGREDIENTS



  • 1lb ground beef or turkey
  • 1T dried onion flakes, or 1/2 C chopped fresh onion
  • 1 packet dry taco seasoning
  • 1 jar 16oz salsa or picante
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 12oz pasta
  • 8oz shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican mix)
  • Salt

DIRECTIONS

  1. Prepare pasta according to directions and drain.
  2. In large pan, cook ground meat, breaking up into crumbles, with a few dashes of salt and the onion, until it is no longer pink.  Drain off the fat and place back into the pan and add the taco seasoning.
  3. In the meat pan (or larger pot if necessary), combine the pasta, salsa and corn.  Let it simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Taste and add salt if needed.
  4. Turn off the stove and remove from heat.  Stir in the cheese until melted.
  5. Ready to eat!




Comments