Pear Chopped Salad - my favorite salad!

I was spending way too much time on Pinterest not long ago trying to find healthy, delicious recipes and came across this salad shared by espressoandcream.com.  I've made this salad twice since and each time I want to eat a gallon of it!  It is so amazingly tasty - sweet and salty - and the textures are so great together.  This salad is great as a meal, a side dish, or at a party.

I'll share the recipe as they did, however, I used iceberg lettuce since I'm not a fan of romaine lettuce.  It also makes a difference to use home-cooked bacon as the recipe calls for and not the bacon bits off the shelf.

The originator suggested T. Marzetti Poppy Seed dressing and Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing.  I bought Walmart's brand of Strawberry Poppy Seed dressing and the recommended Balsamic dressing and it was incredible!

The recipe should serve 6 but if you love salad as much as I do, it serves 2-3 people as a meal.

Ingredients


  • 6 to 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
  • 2 medium pears, chopped
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 cup pecans, chopped
  • 8 slices thick-cut bacon, crisp cooked and chopped/crumbled
  • 4 to 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
  • poppy seed salad dressing 
  • balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Directions

Toss all together and eat.


Comments