Ramen Noodle Mixup (video)

I didn't know what to make one night, which seems to happen a lot.  I knew I had a lot of veggies and I had some thawed ground beef.  I poked around in my pantry and voila! there are soy sauce flavored ramen noodles.  I threw this together and my husband LOVED it!

In this video (below), I used leftover carne asada steak instead of ground beef.  I personally liked the ground beef better, but my husband liked the steak.

Feel free to use whatever "mix-ins" you prefer.  Change up the meat, the veggies and/or the ramen noodle flavor.  It would be hard to go wrong.  If you use chicken, change the bouillon (if you add any) to chicken flavored.  For pork, I would use chicken flavor too, but I'm sure beef would be fine if that's all you have.  If you decide to go vegetarian, use veggie bouillon cubes, smashed to a powder (I hit mine with a meat tenderizer).

If you change up the veggies, cook the harder/longer to cook ones initially like I do the onions and carrots.  Add your softer veggies later like squashes or tomatoes.

Be sure to send me a message if you have questions if you're unsure about the order or tastes.

Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:

3 packs of soy sauce ramen noodles
12-16oz ground beef, cooked and seasoned
1 zucchini, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
8 oz mushrooms, chopped
3 cups hot water with the ramen flavor packets mixed in
1 T cornstarch mixed in 1/4 cup cold water (aka cornstarch slurry)
soy sauce
beef bouillon granules (or smashed cube)

Comments