Tuna Salad


Tuna melt on pumpernickel rye
















When I go to Subway, 90% of the time I get the tuna salad sub.  I add almost everything to it, just like my salads.  One of my top favorite meals is a big salad, so it just makes sense.

If making tuna melts, make an open faced grilled cheese.  I butter one side of each slice of bread then put the butter side down in a skillet and place my cheese on each slice.  I cover it with a lid so the cheese melts without burning my bread.  Once the cheese melts, top one slice with your tuna salad and close the sandwich.  Take off and serve.  You don’t want the tuna to heat through.

This recipe will make about 3-4 sandwiches.

INGREDIENTS 

2 cans tuna, drained
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons diced dill pickles, or pickle relish (your preference)
1/4 tsp celery seeds
2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
Dash of lemon juice
S&P to taste

If I’m making regular tuna sandwiches, I like also add diced tomato and cucumbers then add a leaf of lettuce to the sandwich.  Feel free to add diced jalapeƱo and/or red pepper to give it a kick.

Comments