Very Easy Brunswick Stew

I had some leftover bbq pork and smoked chicken and had a taste for Brunswick stew.  I hadn’t eaten any in so long.  I had never made it before and since I have a little extra time during the COVID shelter in place, I figured I’d give it a shot.

I made up my list and headed to the grocery store.  I needed okra, Lima beans and creamed corn.  While in the canned veggie aisle, I noticed all these yummy MARGARET HOLMES canned mixed veggies.  My list was promptly scrapped.

INGREDIENTS

8-12oz pulled pork
8-12oz chopped chicken
2 cans Margaret Holmes Triple Succotash
1 can Margaret Holmes Tomatoes, Okra and Corn
1 can creamed corn
1 can potatoes, drained and cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup bbq sauce

In large pot, mix in all the ingredients.  If you are using pork or chicken with bbq sauce on it, cut the bbq sauce to 1/4 cup.  Cover and cook the stew on very low heat for an hour, stirring occasionally.  Serve as a side or main dish with cornbread.

You may also cook this in a Dutch oven, an electric pressure cooker or a crockpot.  I cooked mine in a Crockpot for 2 hours on low.


Comments